Thursday, February 20, 2014

Immense Generosity

Having the support of my family and friends is paramount to me.

The emotional support I get is extremely helpful, as this can be a stressful endeavor at times. However, to also have people doing everything they can to get me to the starting line is humbling to me. I know some people cannot afford to give much (or anything in some cases), and the fact that they do speaks loads about how much they want me to be fulfilled. Receiving the financial support for this ride from the people who love positively makes me glow.

My boyfriend has been the best throughout. There are times when I could (and really should) be better to him, yet his unrelenting support and encouragement inspires me to press on with the training and fundraising. He shares in my excitement for every donation I receive...even when he doesn't know the individual who tossed money my way. He is acutely aware that each donation helps me approach my goal

Charlie has also been helpful with fundraising ideas. He came up with the genius name for my lip balm making fundraising party: Balmpocalypse Now! Despite the fundamentally girly nature of this shindig, he still made an appearance after running some errands to mix delicious cocktails for my girlfriends and just socialize. It's a good thing he's so sociable, because I know his presence contributed to the rather jovial evening.















Everyone agrees: His cocktails are out of this world.

The party was successful and a lot of fun. In addition to quality girlfriend time and good food, I raised $120 for my ride.

In addition to his emotional and symbolic support, he made a very nice donation to my ride that unwittingly matched my top donor, who shall be known as W. White:


I am incredibly grateful for all forms of his generosity and his love.

We are a team in every aspect, and certainly partners in crime.

I don't know how I can possibly articulate how much I appreciate him and the many forms his generosity takes, but hopefully my actions in our life together will adequately reflect just how much he means to me.

With all my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment